Archive for June, 2012

June 19, 2012

Engagement Pictures

by fromsugarwithstyle

Topshop

This coming Sunday Jason and I have our engagement photo shoot. I am beyond excited to finally have some professional pictures done with him and to meet the photographer. ( He will be shooting our wedding also ). I have spent the past couple weeks browsing around for dresses and ordering online. I think I may have purchased 5 so far and I’m headed to the store Friday for one last look!…I only need 2 outfits for the shoot but you never know how things will look in person so I wanted to have options. Here are some of the dresses that gave me inspiration.

      ASOS

Bloomingdales

ASOS

   ASOS

Advertisements
Tags:
June 15, 2012

Guest Posting -The Actors Diet

by fromsugarwithstyle

This weekend I am driving up to Lemoore CA to spend time with my fiance..Most weekend he drives to see me and we spend 80% of the time working on wedding plans. The other 20% is taken up with sipping wine and catching up on our favorite shows ( Dexter, Weeds and now Breaking Bad ). This weekend I am bringing a couple of books and some comfy clothes and hoping to just relax and hang out with my future husband without the pressure of having to get things done. ( Although we may google some DJs ).

Yesterday I had a “Day in the life” post up over at The Actors Diet. Check it out and get my recipe for dark chocolate bark!

June 13, 2012

Milk Glass-Wedding

by fromsugarwithstyle

I spend a lot of time browsing through wedding blogs and pinterest finding inspiration for my wedding. I am very fickle when it comes to decoration so when I find something that I continuously come back to I know that I have to incorporate it somehow. Milk glass is something I knew I had to have, I love the look of crisp white vases with simple flowers. I didn’t realize however that milk glass isn’t the easiest thing to find and when you do find it people have a tendency to charge over 20.00 for one vase. Since I need more than 50 vases this just wasnt a budget friendly option.  I decided to DIY some faux milk glass. I have been visiting thrift stores and good wills all over town and have collected a bunch of vases in different heights and shapes.

 

I got a white spray paint that is both primer and paint and that also bonds to plastic. This way it stuck to the glass a bit better.

It took me 3 or 4 coats to get even coverage but they turned out better than I had hoped!…..When I get all 50 done I’ll share a picture of how they all look together!

 

Tags: ,
June 5, 2012

Watermelon Salsa

by fromsugarwithstyle

This past week I had the honor of being my sisters maid of honor in her wedding. ( Pictures to come ). It was held where she lives in Naples Florida, the ceremony being on the beach and the reception held at her Italian restaurant Cafe Luna. The weather was beautiful and everything went exactly as it should. It was so nice to see a wedding go smoothly and truly be about love. Given that my wedding is less than 3 months away it eased my stress a bit!

The night after the wedding my sister and her husband had a bar b g at their house to get people together that were still in town. We went shopping beforehand and at the store sampled an amazing salsa made out of mostly watermelon. I had never thought to use watermelon in a salsa but it was amazing! I asked around and they were kind enough to give me the recipe. I wanted to share it with all of you!

 

* 3 cups watermelon chopped

* 2 avocados diced

* 1/2 tablespoon jalapeno peppers

* 1/2 cup green bell peppers

* 2 tablespoons lime juice

* 1 tablespoon green onions chopped

* 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt

Mix everything together and let set for 30 min to an hour.

June 3, 2012

Color Blocking

by fromsugarwithstyle

Color blocking is one of my favorite trends this season. I love it because it’s a great way to add pops of color to your wardrobe ( although it can also be done with more neutral tones ) and makes a dramatic statement with minimal effort. I also like that its a look that can be incorporated in any setting, Try pairing a great  color block shoe with your classic slacks at the office, or a bright skirt for a night out with the girls…also a bold bracelet can turn up the volume on a simple ” meet the parents” dress.

color block

“>